Getting engaged is most certainly a milestone in every woman’s life and this is a time to carefully consider the wide range of engagement rings that are out there. In many ways, your engagement ring is a reflection of your personality and with that in mind, here are a few engagement ring designs that are considered to be timeless.
- The Three Stone Ring – You can merge sapphires or emeralds with a large central diamond, or keep things clear with a large and two smaller diamonds, with a choice of gold or platinum for the band. This style is also known as the ‘Bostonian style’ and the 3 diamonds symbolise the past, present and future of your relationship. One option is for the 3 diamonds to be of identical size, which is a unique combination, with perhaps the outer stones being coloured.
- The Diamond Solitaire – The perfect ring for the hopeless romantic, a solitary large diamond is the focus of the ring and the cut and clarity of the diamond is important in order to achieve maximum sparkle. The best natural gemstone jewellery Brisbane or your location has on offer can be created by a leading custom jeweller for a truly one-off diamond solitaire engagement ring that will be treasured always.
- The Halo Design – A firm favourite among many women, with a large central diamond surrounded by smaller pave stones for that extra sparkle. The 1920s saw this style become popular and as with most trends, the halo is back in fashion today. The Princess and Brilliant Round cuts are the most popular for a halo design ring, while the Cushion and Oval cut are also suitable for this very elegant style.
- Diamonds In A Bezel Setting – The bezel setting is popular as it holds the stones firmly in place, making it ideal for the active girl. Of course, the emphasis is on that stunning central diamond and you can choose a full or partial bezel setting. The full bezel only exposes the top of the diamond, while the partial setting gives you more of a sparkle, as some of the sides are showing.
- The Cluster Diamond Ring – This style ‘clusters’ lots of small diamonds to give the appearance of a single large stone and this style is a hit with the modern woman. You can create any shape with the cluster, while adding colours is another option to consider. This is usually less expensive than having a single large diamond, yet gives you more sparkle. Talk to a leading custom jeweller about a cluster diamond engagement ring and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the cost.
It is very fitting that your diamond engagement ring is hand-crafted by a custom jeweller, making it truly unique and this stunning ring can become a family heirloom that can be handed down to your daughter. The cost of a handmade ring is comparable with a ring in a jewellery store and the fact that it is a one-off won’t be lost on you.